All Things Data!
The data specialist track is all about how we use Python to gain insights from data, as well as the human side of data and its management. This track encompasses topics including data analysis, statistics, machine learning, data engineering, pipeline orchestration, scientific programming, storytelling and visualisation, Whether you work in a large team or a small one, in industry or academia, if you’re processing and understanding data then there’s a plethora of Python based tools available to you. Alongside the shiny tools and techniques, we will also focus on the importance of data management, team collaboration, and the societal impacts that data can have.
- An Introduction to PySpark by Alex Ware
- OpenDataCube - Petabyte Scale Satellite Imagery Processing in Python by Tishampati Dhar
- A simple way to validate and monitor the performance of your ML Applications. by Niño R. Eclarin
- Data Contracts: Consensus as Code by Ryan Collingwood
- Specialist Tracks Combined Opening Address by Katie McLaughlin, Jack Skinner, Nicky Ringland, and Pedro Junqueira
- Real-time Map Imagery Manipulation with Python, Slippy Maps, Flask, and Pillow: Building Interactive Maps with Dynamic Tiles by Oliver Holmes
- A Recent History of Python Through Stack Overflow Questions and Answers by Sam Hames
- The Python 3D Visualisation Landscape by Owen Lamont
- Building 3D Trusted Data Pipelines With Dagster, Dbt, and Duckdb by Danh Phan
- All Things Data Closing Address by Genevieve Buckley, Ned Letcher, and Ray Hilton
- Roll for Initiative: how to make the world of AI a more ethical place by J. Rosenbaum
- Unpacking the geospatial engineering toolbox – an overview of data science techniques for spatial data by Christine Seeliger and Long Dang